Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Week in Sweden & Copenhagen

Just came back from a fantastic week long trip from Sweden and Denmark. Spent 2 days in Sweden couching surfing at Yang Li’s place, and then bunked at John’s place in Copenhagen. I enjoyed myself so so so so much. And it wasn’t just crazy party fun which is why I enjoyed myself.. in fact, it was kinda a relaxing trip, we didn’t run about like tourists taking pictures of every statue, monument and visiting every museum there ever existed. (Actually its Easter and the shops were closed) Instead, we chilled at Yang’s place and talked about life, China (He’s Chinese), Sweden, Chinese culture (YESS! Haha) and we sung and talk about other stuff. He’s a really nice and genuine chap.


 check out the nice swedish houses!
 Chilling @ Western Harbour, Sweden
 

I really like Sweden, in a different way like I like Denmark. I like Copen cos John is there and we had some crazy fun with his super cute friends Jonas-es and Don’t get me started on Jonas. Haha. it was just so so so so fun. We thought them asian drinking games, and we were just trigger happy and goofing around the whole time. We can make a whole film on the pics we took that night cos John’s cam is remote control operated. COOL rite.










Yup, and the best part was we spent Easter day at John’s hometown (Kerterminde) and had Easter lunch with his family. It was AWESOME. I enjoyed it so much, talking to his parent.. His mom is Phillipino and her husband is Danish. They have a nice house, and they are such a sweet couple in their 50s. They have a lovely garden, a chicken coop and their hens actually lay eggs. Hahahah. And then in Spring they’ll have strawberries and potatoes. And he is self-learning photoshop now too.. Cool couple.  We were so so so so full I couldn’t walk, and for the first time in my entire life I cannot finish my ice-cream. It was that bad. But the Danish Easter Lunch is so so precious to me.. I’d not give anything up for such experiences. That’s what traveling should be about, immensing in another culture. Im loving it.
 

Sweden. Haha. The streets are full of cute guys. Really. I like the fact that they have good fashion sense and they’re very diverse unlike Poland or even Singapore. Where everyone dresses the same way. Imagine tall well-built guys in their long trench coat with high collars. Neat. Also punks with their black skinny leg jeans, those bikers with their leather jackets… me like. The girls? I dunno. Haha.

Easter here is almost as impt as Christmas, where everyone returns to their family and feast! The streets were EMPTY on easter Monday when I came to Warsaw. It’s like the city went to sleep.. restaurants, cafes, shops, supermarkets everything closed. Amazing man.. there will not be a day when Singapore goes to sleep at all.

2 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey jun! i feel happy just reading ur blog and noeing dat u're happy! U happy i happier! hehe... enjoy ur time there babe for time is precious! take more pictures and show me when i get back sg k!

Love, mei

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger eMzie said...

haha. Mao! You are so cute la.. will u see you in spore soon once u come back from aussieland yeah. :) Huggz.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home